Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sun 21 Jul 2019
Mon 22 Jul 2019
Tue 23 Jul 2019
Wed 24 Jul 2019
Thu 25 Jul 2019
Fri 26 Jul 2019
Warlords of Draenor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Peon Pit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gragarn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Warlords of Draenor Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYueIdI_2L0

I'm surprised nobody made a post yet. Blizzard announced the next expansion. Garrosh escapes custody, goes to an alternate timeline and stops the orcs from drinking demon blood, fits them with future technology, and tries to invade Azeroth.

I know it sounds like fanfiction, but that's the plot. I will definitely be trying the expansion myself (maybe playing a little WoW to catch up in the meantime, but mostly playing the new X-Wing Vs. Tie-Fighter in SWTOR). The implications this could have for Shadowclan lorewise are pretty interesting. The Shadowmoon clan lives again, a new world PvP zone that we have a chance to try and dominate, and a new expansion means lots of open world PvP in the zones (especially at release).

Other Features....

1. Player Housing in the form of un-instanced garrisons in the open world (uses phasing). Other players can visit your garrison. You can decorate it with trophies picked off raid bosses and rare spawns. It also introduces SWTOR's companion and crafting system tied to the garrison.

2. Updated character models.

3. New level cap of 100.

4. Every account gets to auto-level 1 character to 90.

5. Level-up perks.

6. Item squish.

7. Removing hit & expertise, and adding tertiary stats that make loot exciting (cleave, speed boost, durability protection, etc.).

8. Refined quest system.

9 Dynamic events & hidden treasures similar to Timeless Isle.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Guunzfub

Character Skills: Ahar!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great . . . but I choose not to return to WoW .. But If I did Gohrr would be a brewmaster ahar!

Gungru --- SWtor Bounty hunter
Goh'ruk gro-Svar - ESO Hundred
Otak

Character Skills: Sneek'n shiniez frum evriash.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I come back Rankar will be reborn as a warrior (unless another cool class is introduced). And he'd be reborn brown skinned orc! Why haven't they made different skins/bodies a thing??? Of all the relatively simple additions to the game they could make, it would be toon customization.

Battle.net- Otak#1908
Steam- Kuakane
Drakgor

Character Skills: Rok pik'r agh Jewel mayk'r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely be playing wow again with this new expansion. Even if the old clan isn't around, we can probably make some sort of guild together for some fun.

something RP heavy, but super casual as you can immediately rocket to 90.

BTW I am on no way trying to start some guild or clan "endorsed" by Shadowclan or claiming any official affiliation.

While I'd love to see the clan return, I just don't think we'll ever have the numbers in wow again to have an official branch.

Nobs please smash me ovur da 'ead if im out of line with this post.

Gu'Luzk'r agh Stunti Hayt'r
Brudder tu Grakgor Irunfizt
Holmfast. Cimmerian Conqueror - AoC
Gragarn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otak wrote:
If I come back Rankar will be reborn as a warrior (unless another cool class is introduced). And he'd be reborn brown skinned orc! Why haven't they made different skins/bodies a thing??? Of all the relatively simple additions to the game they could make, it would be toon customization.

Supposedly it might happen after they do the new character models. I believe it may have been hinted at Blizzcon.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Buddermog

Character Skills: Chigun Goth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If drakgor returns to wow, I will return to wow Smile

Gurbak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably will give WoW another shot with this expansion since it is orc themed, even though I haven't been playing MMO's at all lately due to (1) work load, (2) wrist issues (some sort of tendonitis or ganglion cyst in my left wrist that has slowly improved and seems manageable) and (3) total disappointment in recent MMOs.

I like the idea that we can level a character to 90 as I probably won't get the panda expansion (I assume it won't be required). I will likely level up Gragnog (protection warrior) for tanking if we have enough for dungeons or raids. How are protection warriors (and warriors in general) doing these days? I know that the rage system was overhauled.

Kraak/Gazzat - Mordred - DAoC
Grug'tar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurbak wrote:

I will likely level up Gragnog (protection warrior) for tanking if we have enough for dungeons or raids. How are protection warriors (and warriors in general) doing these days? I know that the rage system was overhauled.

I just resubbed and pulled Grug out of retirement. This is only after 1 day of running as Arms but the new warrior feels pretty good (only level 86, so can't speak to max level). Arms uses Colossus smash as a damage increasing debuff, Runs mortal strike as it's main Rage building move (instant, generates 10 rage) combined with white damage, and then dumps that rage into Slam (instant instead of the old stand still and cast) for massive damage, as well as using overpower when slam is unavailable (mortal strike now creates usable stacks of overpower, which in turn reduce the cooldown of mortal strike when used).

That is what I have figured out so far. Have not tested anything in Prot yet and I was never that good of a tank and always went to slow for groups so never got enough practice.

Grunt Warrior, Bleeding Hollow WOW
Gahklusks Family, Battlemaster
Mental Patient, Urban Dead
Pilot in Stasis, EVE
Kursech

Character Skills: really really good ones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
will likely level up Gragnog (protection warrior) for tanking if we have enough for dungeons or raids. How are protection warriors (and warriors in general) doing these days? I know that the rage system was overhauled.

Warriors are alot of fun and doing well currently.

Don't know when you last played protection warrior, so some of this may be useless recapping..

In vanilla and really up through Cataclysm, warrior tanking tended to be very passive. Your defensiveness came from gearing in such a way that you didn't die too fast (in vanilla through Lich King this typically meant some kind of preference or balance between overall health and dodge/parry/block stats depending on the state of the game, balanced with offensive stats for maintaining aggro), and once that was accomplished your ability to survive basically took care of itself aside from you throwing in a couple of defensive cooldowns when needed. Your main goal during fights tended to be doing an offensive rotation that kept aggro on you.

In Pandaland, they pushed all tanks towards a system that mirrored Death Knight tanking ("active mitigation") where your choices of how and when to use your abilities directly impact your character's damage mitigation.

Essentially what this means for warriors is, you build rage with certain attacks, then spend your rage to mitigate damage through either using shield block (6 seconds blocking all attacks, high mitigation against large amounts of physical damage) or shield barrier (absorb shield, works against magic or other unblockable damage).

Prot warriors also tend to be the preferred tank for any sort tank-useful pvp right now due to their awesome mobility and control options.

I also very much like the current gearing options for prot warriors, because gearing for critical strike+mastery is a statistically viable option for tanking because the extra rage generation increases your damage mitigation ability usage, which counters the loss in avoidance from not having parry+dodge pieces. It's nice because both arms and fury use a critical+mastery gearing strategy, so you can be an effective tank and effective dps with needing less of a double set of gear. Druids can do this too, while the other tanks gear completely differently from tank to dps specs.

Of course, that's going to change with WoD gearing, but that's how it is now.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the MoP free 10-day trial just to mess around a bit. Can really tell that it has been almost 2 years since I played - pretty overwhelming when you first log back in. All my add-ons, all my macros, all my keybinds, etc. are a mess of course. I have so much stuff in my vault that is probably worthless now (and half of it I don't remember what it was for) - I have stacks and stacks of crafting resources mostly from Lich King (if anyone is leveling up crafting and needs anything let me know as I probably have it). Will take a while to get back up to speed. I didn't play for very long after I hit 85 in Cata so I only have blue gear that is probably gemmed completely wrong (my helm meta gem isn't even active because I don't satisfy the gem color requirements, etc.). I imagine I will replace this gear fairly quickly while leveling up anyway. I have been reading about changes on the warrior forums, but much of the info is for gearing up at end game and raiding.

Still in the guild at least. Hope to see you guys in game. I have missed playing an orc.

Met'ug Klobb

Character Skills: Bunee is my hero.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gohrr and myself were discussing this (it's the first I heard of the expansion) last night. As a founding Drae'hai Nob, I'm stoked for the story possibilities for Metug's life. He was a teenager when the gate opened up. I'm already looking forward to re-writing his history!

Battlemaster
Anatrok - Knight of Asylon, Dwilight
Dart - Adventurer of Asylon, Dwilight
Gurbak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Drae'hai make a comeback I'll have to wake Krun(u)k up again.

Currently playing my olog priestess (Joojoob) since they made Discipline fun again after ruining it in the Cata expansion. Now it's even better than it was before. Works well in dungeons, questing and PvP battlegrounds, and queues are short for healers.

Current clan activity is almost non-existent. The only clan member I have seen awake is Muglun.

Gurbak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW if any of you haven't played in a while and want a recap of the recent storyline, here you go:

Lore according to Garrosh

Guunzfub

Character Skills: Ahar!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skah muglun woke up? I thought he was sleeping under a pile of s.hiniz like a dragon

Gungru --- SWtor Bounty hunter
Goh'ruk gro-Svar - ESO Hundred
Gurbak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and he's as grumpy as ever.

Gromalok

Character Skills: Rok kuttin', Rok SMASHIN', Stitchen, Mixur, Weedpikur, agh Skribblur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling this may be spam. Not 100% sure Razz

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

previous spam and the latest spam cleaned up.

locking this up

Shadowclan Discord server
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Ravenholdt Peon Pit All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: