Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Wed 22 Nov 2017
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
H1Z1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Ug Reply with quote

According to a SOE article today, this will be coming out early access on Steam this month (October).

http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/9369/20141011/h1z1-release-date.htm

Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Ug der Reply with quote

IF we decide to play as a clan in H1Z1, I had the following idea for the theme.

Shadowclan - The First Church of Romero
The Shadowclan would RP followers of the works of George Romero, the originator of the zombie film classics Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead and Survival of the Dead. According to Shadowclan, Romero was not a film producer, but rather a traveler from another dimension come to earth to warn humanity. It was failure to heed his warnings that led humanity to continue on its sinful corrupted path and the present apocalypse.

The Church of Romero creed combines violent eco-totalitarianism with syncretic absorption of all belief systems under the One True Church. The clan is led by a leader called The Guide, who was the one who discovered the truths of Romerism. The Guide acts as clan co-leader and also helps ensure the Romerist faith remains true and pure. His religious sermons are liberally spiced with quotations from the scripts of the movies, which are referred to in shorthand as, respectively, the Books of Night, Dawn, Day, Land and Survival. His female partner is called Gaia and she works as his equal, but tends to focus on ecological issues related to protecting the environment. The Guide and Gaia are aided by a Council of Elders, a body that helps them run both church matters and the proto-state the organization hopes to form, e.g. their first goal is to found a town called "Romero." The Council members are referred to by the honorific "Elder" before their name. Full members of the clan otherwise have no ranks and address each other as Brother and Sister. All property is shared communally. New members not yet accepted in full are called Unborn. They must earn their membership by taking on mundane tasks and may only become full members with the petition of at least two Elders. The name of the guild - the Shadowclan - comes from their belief that they waited until this moment to bring the true faith of George Romero into the light. Members are urged to have Biblical or ancient style names, e.g. "Jedidiah."

There are several sub-cults within the Church of Romero. This is because the faith allows for "Saints" wherein other notable zombie writers and producers are regarded as being within the religious tradition, e.g. their works also served to warn humanity (although none are allowed to displace Romero as the One True Prophet). These sub-cults are called "blood-lines" and tend to have particular specializations. The sub-cult of Saint Sam Raimi, for example, favors chainsaws and cleavers. The sub-cult of Saint Max Brooks favors automatic weapons. The sub-cult of Saint Edgar Wright urges its followers to use any household item as a weapon - Saint Edgar cultists tend to be the pranksters of the clan, but their antics often earn them a reproof from the Guide and they are at best tolerated. All the cults refer to killing zombies as "freeing" them, e.g. "I freed ten sinners today, Sister!" The sub-cults often use quotes from the works of their respective Saints, but more traditional clan members regard these as non-canon. Occasionally, the disputes among the sub-cults turn violent, but all accept the preeminence of Romero (at least until now).

The Church of Romero regards other horror genres as heresies. For example, citing the names of any texts that feature vampires or werewolves is viewed with disgust. To the Church of Romero, all these other genres were intentional distractions that kept humanity from seeing the true threat. The Romerites have a particular loathing for the followers of the Twilight series.

NOTE - this is more a light RP concept, with the emphasis on dark humor.

Buddermog

Character Skills: Chigun Goth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After about 16 or so hours of hands on experience in the alpha, I am sold on this game. Right now it has lots of bugs, but it is in alpha so that will all be smoothed out over time. Right now I am running with 2 other people on the siege server, its full pvp.

Shintuk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the future of this game and EQ: Next is currently up in the air since Sony sold off SOE. Apparently there were a lot of layoffs today.

Buddermog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would have to do a lot of terrible monetizing for me to stop playing this game, its alpha so I guess they still have time Razz

I just got done with a session with my buddy, ill type up a quick thing to give you the feel for the game...

We log in to our base area, notice that no one is around us and no one managed to loot any of our belongings. I get to work collecting the snares I set for rabbit meat, my buddy wants to light a fire so we can boil some of our dirty water but we soon realize we never got around to setting up a dew collector (you can leave empty bottles in it and they get filled with water over time). So not wanting to have too much clutter we decide to set it over the hill and deeper into the forest... Once we hit the peak of the hill we see a giant player made fort within a mile of our base.. glad we decided to put the dew collector away from our area, or we would of never seen the neighboring fort.

I get up on the hill higher and look through my binoculars and notice that 2 players are shifting about in the fort, they have 2 cars and look well dressed/supplied. By the way one player is walking I can tell hes holding a hatchet or a pistol. We decide to push in closer. Not wanting to give away our position/numbers we split up, I get the flank of the fort and my buddy tries to make contact from the entrance. Hes standing in a tree line and using the ingame voice, says hi and they instantly unload on him with an assault rifle.. well guess they where not friendly. I rush down the hill and take out one with my shotgun (guns are very very scarce in this game) and his buddy just runs across a field, I try to land a few arrows into him as he runs but only manage to hit him in the back once.

So now we have a dead player, my buddy is near the brink of death and we are stuck in another players fort. I take some saline/water/cloth and make a first aid kit for my friend, we quickly take just food/ammo and go about our day.

That all took place within the first 10 minutes of logging in, I have gone hours without seeing another player and sometimes you just run into droves of them. I usually stay away from major cities and like to just hunt around the outskirts of camp sites. During this play session we managed to befriend 1 person but had to kill 4 other players who tried to kill us... Combat is so swift in this game, and the fight or flight is real with every encounter.

Gobblemoss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Ug Reply with quote

But....where are the zombies!!1!1!

I had heard they plan to add moar zombies, but it sounds very similar to Day-Z in that it is a death match of humans v. humans.

Buddermog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that you ask that, because the alpha patched that was just pushed out introduced intelligent hordes of zombies.

So how I understand the current system, your actions create "heat" - the more heat you have the more zombies start to wander to your current location. So lets say you fire some guns in the air, or start chopping down trees... zombies will start to head to your general area.

So how it worked in the past is it was more of a nuisance, but now with these new hordes it can get out of hand pretty quickly... especially if you are near any of the cities. Today I was looting a gas station and it was just littered with zombies, tons of them.. and they also had some zombies spawn inside, last alpha patch zombies very rarely spawned inside structures.

I don't make my way to the major cities often, but I was on the outskirts of one today just scouting some stuff out through my hunting rifle scope and saw what seemed like 30 or so zombies shuffling about.. that is a huge increase in zombie pop.

Buddermog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my first huge battle last night, was hard to count in the heat of the battle but it seemed like a group of about 12 or so clashing with a group of around 30 clashing with our group of 8. It was pure chaos, the gunfire drew so many zombies out and at some point people had to stop shooting at each other and clean up the zombie hordes.

Great game, and the devs are listening to user feedback and implementing things at a pretty good pace considering its still in alpha.

Gragarn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've never personally gotten into any of the zombie games (not even The Walking Dead). But I always admired Day Z and the like and have wanted to get my feet wet. Among all the different zombie games (Day Z, Arma Mod version, H1Z1, etc.) what would you recommend as the best one. I'm leaning towards H1Z1 because it's not too expensive and appears to have greater potential than Day Z. My greatest concern is the recent layoffs at Daybreak (formerly SOE). Does the game appear to be having forward momentum or does it appear it's going to flop? I would be willing to put down some money and give the game a try if somebody has a good recommendation.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Buddermog

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devs are still active on several fan forums, and I would argue they are more active after the buyout. They still do weekly/bi-weekly Q&As with talks about the state of the game and going forward. They take feedback really well and interact great with the community.

H1Z1 has a few things for me that set it apart from other zombie "mmo" fps games.

Battle Royal: 150 players spawn randomly on the world map and only one person can win it. You get 1 life and no re-spawn. The royal ends when the last person is standing. You get rewards that transfer over to your other servers that you play on. If you watch anyone streaming h1 they are probably playing this mode because it is really fun and its currently free during development.

PVE servers: They are a bit lacking right now, but the devs are working on smarter zombie hordes and other problems. Essentially right now you can survive everything the game has to throw at you and at some point really have nothing else to do.

PVP servers: Many different rulesets that are hard to explain but the one thing they all have in common. Permadeath. When you die you drop all your loot and are spawned randomly in the world as a fresh player again. Can you get your stuff back? Depends, if you died with friends probably - if you died from another player probably not. PVP is currently my favorite server time, combat is fast paced and weapons/equipment don't really give you a free win over other players. I have taken fully geared out people with just a bow or something like a fire axe.

If you are leaning towards pve, I think you should wait to see how it shapes up - but if you are leaning towards pvp it is great fun right now, I would recommend your first character on a low population server or maybe just get the hang of the game on a pve server first.

TL;DR h1z1 is the game for me at the moment. It has base crafting that will soon be on par with rust (another game), exciting fast paced player vs player interaction with a real punishment for death and just enough focus on survival that you gotta eat/drink or you die.

Gragarn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's good to hear because I am definitely pro-PvP.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Mul

Character Skills: Stalking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a bunch of hackers ruining this game right now?

Throgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked this up. Is anyone still playing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: