Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Fri 20 Oct 2017
Sat 21 Oct 2017
Sun 22 Oct 2017
Mon 23 Oct 2017
Tue 24 Oct 2017
Wed 25 Oct 2017
Ultima Online: Evolution (proposal)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Met'ug Klobb

Character Skills: Bunee is my hero.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Ultima Online: Evolution (proposal) Reply with quote

This is a proposal for a casual clan on the Ultima Online: Evolution Shard. This proposal comes from Metug, Hugzug, Khargug, and Xulgag.

BRANCH PLAN
Bringing Shadowclan to UO: Evolution, a free player run shard. The branch will participate in daily and weekly roleplaying events, both supported or run by the Shard Admins and developers. As well as player created events with a strong support staff from the UO: Evolution crew. The goal of bringing Shadowclan over to UO:E is to help introduce a strong and well developed organization to the shard to further enhance the atmosphere of the game through role-play and PvP. Shadowclan will be truly returning to its roots as a smart user controlled NPC play type characters.

BASIC RULESET
Much like the days of old on Catskills and Seige, Shadowclan on this shard will be complete role-play at all times using the Orcish language. Ranks will be implemented and dresscodes will be adhered to. A chain of command will also be in place to handle any situations that arise and are in need of attention.
1) All Shadowclan members must remain in character at all times while playing their Shadowclan Orc.
2) Shadowclan members must adhere to the Chain of Command.
3) All orcs are encouraged (or required) to become a red (dread lord) character. (no stat loss on UO:E)

MEMBER PARTICIPATION
We are anticipating between 5-20 players. An actual number has not been researched as we are attempting to fine tune the details with the staff of UO:E.

KEYNOTES ABOUT UO:EVOLUTION

UO:E is owned and operated by the player character Dante. Dante plays between ten to twelve hours a day on his shard, and employs one scripter, two developers, and five Game Masters. The shard is a fully updated version of Ultima Online including the Asian culture updates, including Chivalry. One of the largest perks of UO:E is the customization of items, locations, and content. As well as a very active support staff and development team.

Dante and his staff have offered Shadowclan a "blank check" when it comes to bringing the clan over to UO:E. What this refers to is whatever we want to make Shadowclan a viable option on this shard, we can have. He feels that with Shadowclan on his shard it would bring in more players, not only from our side, but from multiple other sources. Once our presence is set up and we are introduced to his server he will be sending out e-mails to his database of past and present players inviting them to create an orc and give us a try to help grow the Shadowclan branch.

We currently have approximately six Shadowclan members playing on the server who would like to establish Shadowclan on this server and have it be an (un)official casual layer branch on UO Evolution.

Below are some but not all of Dante’s ideas that will help to enhance both the role play and pvp activity on his server.

1. UO:E has no skill cap in the game, meaning a player can master all skills if they so desire. However, if Shadowclan wishes, he can set up a skill caps for our players.

2. The developers of UO:E has also designed it so that part of Yew is our fort. The idea is to have Shadowclan be a target for fun interaction on a daily basis, yet be an epic event on a weekly or monthly timeframe.

A unique feature of this is that we have the ability to have custom vendors set up that are programed to offer only “orc type” items like the orc face/helm, armor, weapons etc.

In addition to that gates that are password protected to be used by Shadowclan guild members only can be set up so we can have quick access to our original fort, dungeon etc. if we choose to.

The huts in the fort will be able to have us own and be friended to so we can have lock downs etc. in them as well as our own huts outside of the fort area.

There is also a tribute system that was discussed where players can earn favor with Shadowclan through providing tribute (dropping items onto a stone) and earning “orc currency”.

3. Dante also has in plan an idea to introduce Shadowclan to the shard through a role-played/scripted event over the course of a month.

The plan is to start off with a launch in which NPC orcs attack the towns of Britian, and over the course of a month, the attacks lead players to Yew, where they think they'll be encountering more NPCs, but in truth, they will be encountering Shadowclan members mixed in with NPC orcs.

The long term goal for Dante is to increase his player base. The long term goal for the RP is to bring in opposing guilds over time (Gargoyles, Elves, and Pirates). He wants to create player run cities in which the four organizations will compete against each other in weekly or monthly events involving our player cities, much like a capture the flag type gameplay, only capture the city. Lastly, Dante will be assigning a Seer to Shadowclan to help with our needs which includes but not limited to the handling of griefers, cheaters, events, and much more.

Dante understands that character creation and skill building can be frustrating, especially in our early days and is willing to work with us through the use of skill balls, and other ways to help get our characters pvp ready as quickly as we can to avoid the down time and burn out of charcter building.

Thank you for reviewing this request/proposal.

Metug

http://uoevolution.com/

Battlemaster
Anatrok - Knight of Asylon, Dwilight
Dart - Adventurer of Asylon, Dwilight
Rup'Tup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samurai's, skill balls, and everything handed to you.

Is that really what you guys want?

If so, then I've been wasting my time trying to bring you guys to An Corp. I've left an open invite for anyone to join us to offer up your ideas and opinions while we rebuild the shard, but so far only Grish'nakh has even bothered.

I'm seriously just baffled right now.

S'llessid family- BM
Xulgag

Character Skills: Mojo thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup,

When will An Corp be back up?

Met'ug Klobb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup'Tup wrote:
Samurai's, skill balls, and everything handed to you.

Is that really what you guys want?

If so, then I've been wasting my time trying to bring you guys to An Corp. I've left an open invite for anyone to join us to offer up your ideas and opinions while we rebuild the shard, but so far only Grish'nakh has even bothered.

I'm seriously just baffled right now.

Why are you baffled? No need to grind out again, and only God knows when An Corp is going to launch again, because according to the forums the people that run it sure don't.

Battlemaster
Met'ug Klobb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some additional things to add...

No stat loss to reds or anyone for that matter.
Orc specific mounts, Worgs. Which are also viable pets.
Fort is neutral gray, which means no kill counts.

Battlemaster
Gragarn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the time like I used to, and I never played original Ultima. But I might be interested in giving this a try.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Met'ug Klobb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gragarn wrote:
I don't have the time like I used to, and I never played original Ultima. But I might be interested in giving this a try.

Right now, we're going to focus on having Sunday night events, and then possibly spreading them out more based on attendance.

Battlemaster
Gragarn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How soon is all of this going down, and how do I get started? Like I said I never played the original so I'm a noob.

-Garrinard, Elf Shadehunter (Archeage)
Battletag ID, Noahjam325#1446
Steam ID, Noahjam325
Met'ug Klobb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gragarn wrote:
How soon is all of this going down, and how do I get started? Like I said I never played the original so I'm a noob.

You can play at anytime. The page below is the instructions.

http://uoevolution.com/?page_id=2

Battlemaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: