Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 23 Nov 2017
Fri 24 Nov 2017
Sat 25 Nov 2017
Sun 26 Nov 2017
Mon 27 Nov 2017
Tue 28 Nov 2017
Albion Online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frik

Character Skills: Shoota, Squigs, Growin' weeds, not being sneaky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Albion Online Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I know I don't come around very often, but I saw something and it made me think of the clan.

Have you guys seen this?

https://albiononline.com/

Looks pretty interesting.

Vaskry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I am playing it too. World PVP sandbox game.

Ya make what ya use. Its more centered on gear. Gear determines what your skills are and there are no levels of the character just progression in gear and that levels by using/making it.

Ya can loot who ya kill and some is destroyed like eve but this is a medieval setting. It is worth checking out IMO.

Mordred
Gartuk,Vulkry,Vwmra
Virkry, Vorkry,Vaask
Ector
Vazk, Vazgund
Rakgru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very interesting that this game and Archeage both have elements of EVE in their concept. EVE held my attention longer than any other game in the last 15 years.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
Gub'ug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting but is this game going to be Free to play vs premium account once released? Silly that we have to buy to beta test if it is going to have mostly ftp accounts once it goes live?

Hoowah Hukor!
Hoowah Bluuberi Boots!
Hoowah Kuukies!
Karuk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of you guys going to be playing in the closed beta? I just bought my pack and would love to connect since this looks like a more group/guild oriented game

Griz'lok
Walking Calamity
Walking Calamity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play whatever you all play

Trying to play lotr mp
Buurzlug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks so fun!

Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in starting tomorrow! I won't have much time to play until the weekend however.

I wasn't going to buy into this game but then I watched it on Twitch today and thought it actually had some potential. I've spent $30 on worse (i.e. hats in Dota 2) so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'll post names here when I'm in.

Griz'lok
Walking Calamity
Walking Calamity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more I play this game, it feels so much like uo but the uo .. options aren't there. all the armor looks the same so making an orc look might be tough. we could take helmets off and go the old bald head route but I'm sure players would whine about not having stats.

it's so close though, I can taste it.

Trying to play lotr mp
Velgamog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive established a Shadowclan guild here....send a /t to Velgamog and Ill try to get you in ASAP.

Gromalok

Character Skills: Rok kuttin', Rok SMASHIN', Stitchen, Mixur, Weedpikur, agh Skribblur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm

War'kob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone playing this????

Barab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been since early August. Didnt think I was going to like it but I am loving it.
Gan'Tungi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has the game changed since karma and combat overhauls? I was playing pretty heavily at the beginning of the year but quickly lost interest.

The 5v5 fights for guild turf in particular bugged me due to the way it segmented the guild into groups of people who get to participate and groups who don't.

Barab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gan'Tungi wrote:
How has the game changed since karma and combat overhauls? I was playing pretty heavily at the beginning of the year but quickly lost interest.

The 5v5 fights for guild turf in particular bugged me due to the way it segmented the guild into groups of people who get to participate and groups who don't.

It's changed and will continue to change with next wipe coming soon. There are far more open world pvp hotspots now and more coming. You would need to catch up on the AO news though because it's a lot of changes coming.

https://albiononline.com/en/news

If anyone plays at next wipe or release send me a PM if you need friends or a guild to ally with / join.

Barab

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone planning on playing at release in July ?
Ajar Deathstrike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barab wrote:
Anyone planning on playing at release in July ?

I am. Just grabbed the base starter pack.

For me, it's between Legends of Aria, and Albion Online for my next genuine attempt at dedication in an MMO.

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient One- Undead 1998-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - ~2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '98

UOSA 2013

UO An Corp 2015
Gung'Zog - Shadowclan
Ajar Deathstrike
Xigig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Veteran Founder ($30?) a long time ago, played for a week or two casually/solo and haven't touched the game since. Fun & interesting for a bit solo, but def a group game.

That said, if there is a Shadowclan group, I will certainly be willing to spend some free time gathering/farming/etc. I don't really have much of a PvP itch to scratch at this point, but maybe the fire can be re-kindled. Something about defending your turf with/for a group you feel invested in...

Watching some (sponsored) gameplay atm https://www.twitch.tv/ziggydlive - looks like they are having some stability issues, but that is to be expected.

Legends of Aria also looks very cool, but I try not to board the hype train these days.

Xigig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albion Online is a bigger hit than most Alpha/Beta players expected. Hundreds of players in every zone I've been in, thousands of players in every town. There have been some localized lag/rubberbanding issues, but for me it hasn't been game-breaking, and I am based out of the "worst" city (Fort Sterling).

Joined up with an ex-Catskills/UO player, he was in the COY/Militia guild. We are attempting to recruit for Guardsmen Militia currently, but it is very slow going. There is not much of an RP presence in the game, I can only think of one guild (Rangers of Celidon) that has been really successful in recruiting. They were formed in the Beta, and transitioned well into launch.

Anyone interested in grouping up (guild or not), or wanting a hand getting jump-started, hit me up. I'm still flailing about in the "blue zones" (think UO Trammel), but I can craft T3 gear for everything but cloth/caster stuff and would gladly craft you a few starter sets of gear/tools. (Shadowclan Discord: Kubub)

I would love to be a part of some sort of Shadowclan Brigands guild, or something like that, but it doesn't appear that there is much interest here.

Take care & happy gaming!

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I keep seeing an increased interest in this game. Checking this thread it sounds like Velgamog created a Shadowclan guild a while back. Is Velgamog still active in the game? Has anyone been able to reach out to him and join up. If it is still up, it is present in name only and if we wish to make anything more of it and see if we can get things kicking off in an official capacity then get the discussion going on how we can fit the clan into this game.

Shadowclan Discord server
Xigig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velg ran the SC guild back in Beta (Alpha?) - I was in it, if I remember correctly, but work got in the way.

I have not spoken to him, that I can remember, since like Dec '15, and as far as I am aware there is no actual "guild search" function in Albion (in game or website)

*I was informed that one can manually search the guilds list, ranked by "Fame" ... only about 7.2k guilds to sift thru

**There is no character "Velgamog" on the LIVE server, tried to Friend invite him

Dek'Oligz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gamed much in a year or so. Been feeling the itch and saw that Albion just came out. I'm interested. Not quite dropping the 30 bucks on it yet, but I'm very tempted and doing my research to make a more informed decision. So if the clan does anything, I may be interested. For sure if I buy it.

Have Played:
Dekoligz, Uruk Blackarrow
Dek'Oligz, Throquat Gu'Ligz'r

Check out my miniature painting log: Fullmetal Minis
Xigig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still playing Albion, the guild I'm in merged with another small RP clan a few weeks back... it hasn't exactly gone as planned Sad

Albion Online has had some glaring server issues since launch, but for the most part it seems to have been ironed out. No major downtimes/outtages that I'm aware of this week. Sandbox Interactive gave every Premium account 14 days compensation for the past issues, so respect to them for that.

I'm still willing to assist anyone who was a Shadowclanner in the past, in fact I'm willing to drop whatever I currently have going on if someone(s) else show enough interest to actually form a Shadowclan group.

- T4 all Gather skills, T5 Miner
- T4 Toolmaker, T5 Pickaxes
- T5 Plate craft
- T5 Hammer craft
- T4.1 geared currently
- 1m Fame

If there's an off chance that you want to join a newbie-friendly "good guy" guild, The Ironguard is open to anyone willing to RP, guild chat and discord are OOC. If something major doesn't happen soon I will probably be moving on from this Guild as the group we merged with has basically gone inactive & there are only a handful playing daily. Good folks, just not active and recruiting RP players in Albion has proven to be pretty difficult.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!!!

Mug'Rukk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: albion online Reply with quote

I bought a veterans starting pack last year, just remembered the game started.

I'm going to start playing today;D

Xigig

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think so far, Mug'Rukk?

The guild I'm in is still slowly growing, and I do mean slowly. I think we are up to 26 members and about 10 or so are actually active players.

We're spread out with core groups in NA & EU, so there's hope for growth in both areas... I think we are a bit too strict on armor rules/etc but it sort of goes hand in hand with RP. Not many folks in Albion are willing to RP, or even talk to you in /say - voice chat thru Discord seems to be the preferred method of communication.

My biggest concern for the actual game is that there appears to be a considerable amount of resource botting going on, which as everyone is probably well aware has the potential to really screw up pricing/markets.

Some screens:

Teasing the new Recruit - Grimmoch & Corgrimm battling "The Keepers"

AshenTemper (of Shadowbane fame) & Grimmoch in Rowanwood - The bears were fierce, but Ashen's bow won the day

Guild Meeting - Keep Blessing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: