Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Tue 13 Nov 2018
Wed 14 Nov 2018
Thu 15 Nov 2018
Fri 16 Nov 2018
Sat 17 Nov 2018
Sun 18 Nov 2018
I need a computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Met'ug Klobb

Character Skills: Bunee is my hero.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: I need a computer. Reply with quote

Alright, so I've been without a computer just short of two years now. Insane, I know. My computer access is limited to work and my phone. I've been out of the loop so long, I don't even know what's good anymore. Anyone able to point me to a good, reliable, gaming PC in or around the $500 range? I got the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. Just need the computer.

Thanks!

Battlemaster
Anatrok - Knight of Asylon, Dwilight
Dart - Adventurer of Asylon, Dwilight
Gorgok

Character Skills: ----- Gorgok: Sneeki Wompr, Gurguk: Sneeki Kiggr, Ojomrog: Teefn Mojo, Budrog: Drumdum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want a prebuilt box or just a parts list? The sites PC part picker (pcpartpicker.com) along with passmark's cpu/videocard benchmark (cpubenchmark.net & videocardbenchmark.net) lists are what i use. With the benchmark lists you should find a point (like from current hardware) that gives you a relative number to the stuff you are looking at.

With a video card and cpu chosen you just need to fill in the blanks, a mobo that fits your parts and sports features you want (but doesnt have tons of garbage you will never need), some ram, a drive, a box and psu, and probably the cheapest dvd burner possible.

Khasha'an

Character Skills: Ghaka'ka fir'khanim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built one a year and a half ago with zero prior knowledge, just a list of parts a friend gave me. Then I just stuck it all together how it looked like it should fit and I've had zero problems yet.

That being said, if you want to avoid all that just go to Tiger Direct on Black Friday / Cyber Monday. You'll probably find a machine that can run most new games on medium/high graphics for your price range.

Infinitesimal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a bit of research or have the help of someone who knows more about computers you could use http://pcpartpicker.com/ to pick out the parts you want for your budget. It lists the parts you need for the computer to run and if they're compatible.

That is, if you're not wanting a pre-built computer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Computers etc. All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: