Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Thu 12 Dec 2019
Fri 13 Dec 2019
Sat 14 Dec 2019
Sun 15 Dec 2019
Mon 16 Dec 2019
Tue 17 Dec 2019
Android Games (and other phone/tablet games)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Android Games (and other phone/tablet games) Reply with quote

Do discussions about Android/cellphone games go here? Or in the Future Branch forum? What do y'all thing? Which forum do they fit better in? I can move this topic when we figure it out.

Anyway, I've recently started playing Dungeon Hunter 4. It's a Android/cellphone game, free to play, 1GB in size. It's pretty. I'm enjoying it so far.

It's somewhat like the old Diablo. You are one of 4 classes, and you face all of these critters running at you to kill you, as you explore dungeon areas. You're generally stronger than all of them, but they gang up on you. Presumably, some bosses might take skill to defeat.

I haven't played enough of it to figure out if there's even enough to be worth playing. It says something about having over 35 dungeons, but will I go through that in 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 years? I don't know.

Anyway, I'm going to create a clan in the game, and name it Clompers. Feel free to download the gigabyte and join me, if your phone or tablet can handle it. I'm a Warmage, level 7, named Kdah. Apparently there are at least 100 levels to the game, and I just started playing today.

Last edited by K'Dahbruh on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grasknak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dungeon Hunter 4 Reply with quote

K'Dahbruh wrote:
Do discussions about Android/cellphone games go here? Or in the Future Branch forum? What do y'all think? Which forum do they fit better in? I can move this topic when we figure it out.

You'll have noticed this is the future branch forum, but I think you meant the fps, tbs, rts one. No matter. I feel it doesn't matter too much which forum it's in. Technically, I'd say the FPS, etc one but I see no compelling reason to take the time to move the thread.

Alas I have a Dumbphone and it doesn't play games that advanced so I'll limit my response to your query.

Buurzlug

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you can download emulators to play android games on your PC?

I recently spent christmas at my folks, with no computer, but my mum had an android tablet, got hooked on a neat little game called Townsmen.

Came home, and looked it up, only on android.

So for Android, there is Bluestacks. Unsure about an apple emulator.

K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I originally posted it in the FPS forum, and then moved it, leaving a copy in that forum. You can see/answer it from either. It's a kinda cool feature that only makes sense to do when a thread should be in more than one forum, so we don't use it often.

Anyway, I changed the title of this thread to reflect a discussion about Android type games, where we should talk about them, and what ones we've liked.

Personally, I spend more time on my phone then my computer these days, so I'm playing more phone games, less computer games. So, if you've got a good phone game, post it here. (We should probably make a separate thread for iPhone games, unless the game is both.)

Phone games these days are becoming more and more like computer games. Dungeon Hunter 4, for example, has guilds. And the ability for several (4?) of us to play together at the same time to defeat dungeons. So, this may be a new direction for Shadowclan. I know I'd rather play with y'all than random idgits.

Dungeon Hunter 4 isn't that advanced of a game. Like I said above, it's somewhat like a simple version of Diablo. But, it's a version of Diablo *you can play on your phone*! It's huge (has lots of cut scenes), but it works. And it's about as fun as playing Diablo. I'm enjoying it so far.

Phone games are going to take over more and more is my guess. before you know it, everyone will play on their phone/tablet. If I got onto a game dev team again these days, it would definitely be for phone games. They're the future.

Khargug
Clan Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Android games on my 12" tablet. Very thankful for a screen bigger than a phone. I've downloaded Dungeon Hunter 4 but have yet to dive in. I'll have more time this weekend to check it out. Otherwise I check in to Clash of Clans at least once per evening.

I am always looking for good Android games to play.

Shadowclan Discord server
Grish'Nakh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

Single Player - Put 'em in the FPS/RTS forum
Multi Player - Here (Future Branch Discussions)

LOTRO - Grishnaakh (Creep)
LOTRO - Sarkaa (Freep)
K'Dahbruh
Old Admin
Old Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grish'Nakh wrote:
My thoughts:

Single Player - Put 'em in the FPS/RTS forum
Multi Player - Here (Future Branch Discussions)

That sounds reasonable, so I'll go with that for now.

Rakgru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says android here.

Not about gaming, but almost:

My team finished a 20 week project before Christmas building a 60 activity Android tablet app that helps measure and track cognitive brain disfunction for people suffering from trauma, dementia, or related illness/injury.

Each activity somewhat resembled a small game of sorts. It was one of the most interesting projects we've worked on in a long while as we were constantly learning -- the variation in the activities had us using almost all the tablet's capabilities ranging from its accelerometer to the ability to squeeze & pinch "objects" on the screen. Fun!

For the tech minded we wrote the app using a combination of node and angular js as well as plain vanilla HTML5 & CSS3. For the devops inclined we managed the server and code builds using Grunt (which I am totally in love with by the way).

So, it's not just games headed to tablets/phones/phablets but also business and diagnostic apps.

Don't mess up my enjoyment of Friday this week by pointing out that it's only Wednesday
buubdug

Character Skills: artifice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any plans for a dungeon hunter 4 guild? or is it just a handful of players here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> Future Branch Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: