Shadowclan Main Page The Shadowclan Dark Moot

CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   CharactersCharacters   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calendar 
Calendar eventCalendar
Sat 15 Dec 2018
Sun 16 Dec 2018
Mon 17 Dec 2018
Tue 18 Dec 2018
Wed 19 Dec 2018
Thu 20 Dec 2018
Wurm Unlimited is $1 on Humble right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Wurm Unlimited is $1 on Humble right now. Reply with quote

I know the clan had a group going in this game something like TEN years ago, but it is still kicking and now running on player-run servers.

Humble included it in their Endless RPG Lands bundle at the tier 1 level. So you get it and two other worthy games (Borderlands GotY and Van Helsing).

Tier 2 (like 4.60 now) includes Endless Legend (which is an awesome fantasy 4x you should own!), Borderlands 2 and Guild of Dungeoneering.

Tier 3 is $10 and includes the Borderlands Prequel thing.

Anyways, for $1 I got a game with lots of mildly-confusing crafting options I'm currently trying to figure out (and get better at!). I'm currently playing on a mostly-friendly server called [s]Sanctuary of Solace[/s] Mythmoor Prime that does have a PVP section. There seems to be a helpful individual who's built a couple of towns (or more?) where she seems to foster newbies.

I've killed an old pig and cooked up a nice non-kosher/non-halal meal for myself. I used my free hatchet to cut down a few trees and make planks (as well as some craftable items). I've done a LOT of foraging. I've dug up some clay and made a bunch of pottery.

Pop down to our board for this game and we can make plans to get in game and figure things out together?

Last edited by Gorg'da'guud on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Rugg

Character Skills: Miner, Mason

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Wurm for 5+ years.

I can never really explain to people why. The graphics were not good. The learning curve to play was a bit steep. Death was constantly around the next hill. From critters or players.

And yet I found the game very addictive. The skill tree and just trying to get a certain skill up just one more point could waste hours of my time.

I started playing it when Shadowclan moved there and became the last Orc living at the island fort Kalaburz for those 5 years.

I role-played the whole time and almost never broke character.

My fondest memory is when a local group wanted to ally with me and I demanded they sacrifice one of their people. One of the 3 there was killed and we cooked and ate them. Ah those were good times!

I can tell you for $1 the game is worth goofing around with especially if you have friends to play and explore with. The Unlimited version of the game is after my time so I will be picking it up just for fun!

-Rugg

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okee, the server I'm playing on is called Mythmoor. The in-game map is broken, it's probably trying to gather map info from Wurm Online (the fee-based MMORPG service the clan used to play in).

The worldwide map with homes/guilds labeled is found here.

You can get a nifty mod to give you a live map of where you are (and nearby area) over here. Don't get the render one, that one's got some issues ATM. Oh yeah, get the latest .5 version of the mod launcher and put it in your WurmLauncher folder.

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Unlimited version is the non-subscription version where you use player-run servers. Monetary gifts to the admins are appreciated but not required. For something like $5 they will give you something like 5 silver? You could buy a decent weapon for that much.

I'm Shadowclan, so I'm learning to craft my own. Even though the nice folks from my guild seem more than willing to give me stuff they made.

Laghed

Character Skills: TOTALLY AWESOME

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it, im just figuring it out. My computer is ancient. Im on Mythmoor wandering around.

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the chat window type /t Gorg and it should open up a private chat with me when I'm in-game.

Hoping to see you, Rugg and anyone else that wants to check out the game.

Gorg'da'guud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hey, Rugg and Laghed: If you're wondering where the heck I am, I'm actually playing on the Mythmoor Prime server. I haven't been playing on that other server I mentioned above since the day I got the game. Sorry, didn't notice that was ever mentioned here.

Mythmoor Prime is FAR busier a server.

Laghed

Character Skills: TOTALLY AWESOME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much time to log on these days but I am around ever so often for a little bit here and there.

Ganthar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they ever make combat better? My problem was always that the combat was absolutely terrible and the UI over all was very clunky. I could deal with the clunky UI and massive grind but I couldn't get passed the combat.

Meat is murder.

Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmm, I love it. In fact, I'm going to eat some beef right now. HOOWAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Shadowclan Dark Moot Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: